Utah: Grand Canyon to Moab off-road ride!
Discover the most beautiful landscapes of Utah by the trails for an off-road adventure of almost a week!
- Duration: 6 days – 5 nights
- Dates: from beginning of April to end of June and from September to end of October.
- Level of difficulty: 3 / 5
- Total distance: around 800 miles on the motorcycle + 450 miles in the pickup truck on the way back
- Recommended level: intermediate / advanced
- Mandatory motorcycle license, recommended repatriation insurance
- Liability Insurance provided with the rental of the motorcycle.
- Loop: departure and arrival from Las Vegas
First day: from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon
Distance : about 200 miles
Start at 9:00am
Highlights of the day: Arrival at Grand Canyon, meals and accommodation at the Ranch 10 a few miles only from the Grand Canyon.
Lunch : Snacks on the way
Dinner : Evening meal at the Ranch 10
Accommodation: Ranch 10
Second day: from Grand Canyon to Kanab, UT
Distance : 150 miles
Highlights: Almost no pavement riding, new point of view on the Grand Canyon, different landscape every hour
Dinner: Restaurant in Kanab
Third day: from Kanab to Hanksville
Distance: 230 miles
Highlights A long day of riding in beautiful landscapes, the end of day through Staircase Escalante National Monument and the famous Burr Trail. Riding mostly off-road, few miles on pavement are very nice.
Lunch break Burr trail Grill
Fourth day: from Hanksville to Moab
Distance: 160 miles
Highlights A beautiful crossing of Canyonland, with colourful rocks. Ride ends on pavement
Lunch break Rays Tavern
Fifth day: Moab
Distance: Depending on the options, short but technical 50 mile loop around Moab or visit of Arches National Park using the motorcycles (road ride)
Highlights Views of the Colorado River, impressive landscapes, rolling trails, a bit technical but fun. The Arches NP tour is on the road with many points of view and photo stops + some small hikes.
Lunch break According to options
Sixth day: Moab to Las Vegas via Monument Valley – pickup or minivan
Distance: About 10 hours of road, in pickup or minivan vehicle, based on the number of riders. Stop in Monument Valley (no bikes allowed) and stop on route 66 in Seligman. Late evening arrival in Las Vegas.
Highlights Landscapes in Monument Valley, mythical road 66
Lunch break depending on timing of the day
Arrival late in Las Vegas
Services included in the raid 6 days “Utah”
- Rental of a Honda XR 650 L ($1,000.00 deposit)
- Following rider with tools and satellite phone
- Gas for the motorcycle
- Assistance vehicle, return from Moab by car (pickup or minivan)
- GPS with track to follow
- XR Adventures T-shirt
- 5 hotel nights + breakfast
- 6 meals at noon
- Snacks and water
- included American liability insurance
Plan a light bag for the nights, he will be transported in the pick-up truck at the hotel.
Motorcycle equipment not included, optional rental (helmets, boots, gloves, held).